Over the course of five decades, John Williamson has published an extraordinary number of books, articles, and other pieces on topics ranging from international monetary economics to development policy and bridging scholarly literature and policy debates. This book provides an overview and insight into Williamson's work. It includes contributions from the editors, Stanley Fischer, Edwin M. Truman, Paul De Grauwe, Yuemei Ji, Marcus Miller, Avinash Persaud, Stephany Griffith-Jones, Dagmar Hertova, Olivier Jeanne, Shankar Acharya, Jose Antonio Ocampo, and an essay by John Williamson on designing economic policy.
UK and European Residents: Purchase this book through
Eurospan for faster service.
Selected chapters and sections are provided for preview only.
1. An Economist for All Seasons
C. Fred Bergsten and C. Randall Henning
2. The Washington Consensus [pdf]
3. The International Monetary System or "Nonsystem"? [pdf]
Edwin M. Truman
4. Economic and Monetary Union in Europe
Paul De Grauwe and Yuemei Ji
5. Target Zones and Monitoring Bands
6. International Finance
7. Growth-Linked Securities
Stephany Griffith-Jones and Dagmar Hertova
8. Capital Mobility and Regulation [pdf]
9. India and the Global Crisis
10. Latin America [pdf]
José Antonio Ocampo
11. On Designing Economic Policy
Selected Publications of John Williamson [pdf]
About the Contributors